20 Things To Remember
To Become A Champion Fancier
1. Good health is 75% of the secret to successful pigeon racing.
2. Sending pigeons to training tosses will not cause them to be in good health.
3. There is no substitute for the basket test. It never shows favorites.
4. A few good pigeons are better than a large number of inferior ones.
5. Give your youngsters a chance to mature. Do not overwork and burn them out with long, hard training flights.
6. A large flying team is never necessary to win or compete successfully.
7. A loft stands or falls according to the value of its HENS!
8. Most of the sickness which plagues fanciers starts from overcrowded conditions in the loft or the club race
9. Go slow and be patient. Start with 3 to 5 pairs of breeders and build a nucleus from them.
10. Train consistently and have an effective trapping system with plenty of short tosses (10-20 miles).
11. Breed performance birds to performance birds or performance bloodlines to performance bloodlines.
12. Avoid birds that have been breed year after year for pedigree lines: The cost is HIGH and the results are POOR!
13. The downfall of many successful lofts has been their attempts to make changes by trying to seek new blood and not
14. Keep only a few pigeons, but keep the best you can get.
15. Intelligent pigeons have no trouble finding home and are able to adjust to different types of conditions.
16. Frequently top lofts use a select bird from the other champion lofts around the country as a performance cross.
17. Successful flying requires a 365 day per year commitment.
18. If you count on chance or luck to win races, you will have a better chance if you purchase a lottery ticket.
19. Spend quality time with your birds, and you will improve your record.
20. Breed birds that will successfully compete in the tough competition based on resultsnot, color, body, eyes, wings,etc.
To visit of our group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/g roup/sportshobbies/
Come and Fly with us...
Sports & Hobbies Group